Monday, July 25, 2016

It's FREE! and It's AMAZING!


I don’t know about you, but I LOVE free stuff.  I started couponing a couple of years ago and get so excited on those shopping trips when I get items for free. It makes going to the grocery store so much fun. But I realized something, even though I may get my items for free, eventually I will run out and need to purchase more. Now, there are times when I get them for very little money and even times when I may get them for free again, but in either case I have to go back to the store for another transaction.

But I’m so glad that‘s not the case with God’s grace! God decided in His infinite wisdom to give us the free gift of grace at the moment we believed in His son Jesus and His finished work on the cross.  It never runs out and the transaction never has to be repeated for us to enjoy the benefits. Scripture tells us that “where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more”. In spite of our mess up’s we still get to experience grace. In spite of our shortcomings we are still recipients of unmerited favor. Despite our sins God continues to extend to us His amazing grace. Recognizing this should prompt us to love Him more fervently, honor Him more intently, and serve Him more diligently.  The song writer put it best:




Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now I'm found.
Was blind but now I see.
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.
When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Then when we first begun.
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I'm found.
Was blind, but now I see

Praise God today for His amazing grace and live your life in appreciation of what it took for Him to extend that grace to you…The death of His Son Jesus!

1 comment: